19 September 2010

Joy in Creating

People often enquire as to why a woman would choose a career in the trades. You have to admit that sometimes the work conditions are not great. Weather can make it tough for certain and there are other things that makes working in the trades uncomfortable. But there is something to be said about a job done well just for the sake of doing it.

I can recall a project that I undertook one time that took a lot of fine detail and concentration. I not only had to concentrate hard but I also had to be creative. I can recall getting things to fit together just right or times when I could overcome what looked like a challenging project. There is something to be said for that type of problem solving. Standing back and looking at a completed project that you contributed to minimizes all of the concerns about the weather. There are many reasons why choosing a career in trades can be rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment