13 June 2011

Looking Back

You can't look in two directions at one time and expect to move very far in either. We've all been stuck at one time or another - trying to move forward but anchored by our past. Taking a bit of time to go back and process that which is keeping you there will be of benefit to you in the long run - face them full on, process them and then move forward.

I was reminded of a quote from the Bible - Philippians 3 starting at verse 12 is all about pressing on toward your goal. We never think about the wonderful business tips there are in the Bible.

Philippians 3:13 - forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead.

My life has been like this, when I was focused on that which was behind - I not only did it wholeheartedly, but I certainly did not move forward - I became mired in the past. It was only when I made a conscious decision to focus my energy, my thinking and my talent on that which was ahead of me that I made any real headway.

The message is clear - that which we focus upon becomes bigger - so focus on where you wish to go - forward or backward, the choice is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment