19 January 2016

3 Tips to Achieve your 2016 Goals

I love new beginnings. There's something about putting away the old and planning for what lies ahead that really gets me fired up.

Speaking of planning for success in 2016, have you made a plan yet? We have been spending a lot of time mapping out our year ahead. In my business, planning is key to keeping me on track.

Aside from the basics of looking at the products and services, getting intimate with the money matters, and taking a hard look at the marketing mix, we also look at the little things.

Here are my three tips for getting your plan done:
  1. Take time to reflect upon last year. Use what you learned last year to guide you in what you'll plan for in 2016. What can you learn from this journey? What did you do well? What do you need to stop doing? What is draining on your revenue but not producing the results you need? Where did you waste time and valuable resources?
  2. If it's not written, it's not real. I'm a firm believer in writing it down and I like to do it in a small group if possible. I actually sit with folks outside my industry. They help me to get a new perspective. But whatever approach you take, ensure that you get your plan on paper.
  3. Know yourself well. All too often we see people selling programs that will "take you to 6 figures" with a one size fits all template. I'm all about the big dream but I also believe an ounce of common sense goes a long way. It takes a lot of internal discipline - and ability to execute - to make big dreams come true. Make a plan that sits well with you. One that means you have the final say on what your plan entails.
Make 2016 the best year ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment